Thanks to everyone who was able to attend the SURJ KC mass meeting Monday night as we sharpened our anti-racist analysis of the institutions and systems that structure our lives.
As we continue to witness dangerous policies and narratives that deem some people dangerous to our public safety for simply existing, it is critical that we develop our skills to breakdown where these come from and why. That’s how we can effectively engage other white folks to challenge and disrupt these policies.
We hope the tool and presentation from Monday night’s meeting below will help you in these conversations. We encourage you to use our analysis framework and questions with issues going on in your own community or workplace.
We will follow-up with individuals who agreed to host or attend small-group meetings within the next week with materials and support.
There are lots more opportunities listed below to SHOW UP for racial justice this week. Please check those out.
Political Education Team
MASS MEETING MATERIALS
Powerpoint Presentation on Criminal Justice Issues
- Thursday, 2/23 at 6:30p: SURJ Bystander Intervention Training
- Saturday, 2/25 at 1p: Protect the Affordable Care Act Town Hall
- Saturday, 2/25 2-4p: Crescent Peace Society’s February Meet a Muslim Open House Event
- Sunday, 2/26 3:30-5p: SURJ KC Families Discussion
- Monday, 2/27, 6:30p: SURJ KC Intersectional Feminist Core Launch
- Follow KS/MO Dream Alliance for move information on how you can help support our brothers and sisters being targeted by state action: https://www.facebook.com/KSMODA/